As a homeowner it is easy to feel overwhelmed by a property that may be overrun and consumed by vegetation. Or perhaps you have a few prized trees that you want to make sure to maintain and protect. When trying to decide on how to modify the landscape of your property consider a few questions to ask yourself:
1) What is my goal for the property? (E.g. shady retreat, manicured lawn, beautiful spring or fall colors, energy efficiency for the home, preventative care, etc.)
2) How much do I value my trees, or what am I willing to spend to care for and maintain my property?
3) Can I do some of the work or projects myself? Will I need to hire an arborist?
4) What steps do I need to take to reach my goal and how long should it take?
5) What are the potential outcomes of my decisions many years from now?
These are just a few examples of important questions to ask yourself before beginning work on your property. It is recommended that you spend a fair amount of time researching topics related to your purposed changes. It is highly recommended that you consult with an ISA Certified Arborist before hiring a company to begin work on your property, or even if you plan on doing the work yourself. An arborist will help to make sure that all measures taken towards your goals are of good practice and will not lead to injury of your trees or result in unsafe structural conditions. This will help to ensure the best possible outcome for your property. As always, you can contact ArborEdge anytime for free consultation in addition to any other issues to guarantee that best practices and ethical standards are being followed.